Day Sixteen

 Today has felt mostly like a normal day. We had company, Got some things done around the house. Ryan took a nap and has felt terrible, but that is becoming part of the normal as well.

We have been trying to look more to the future, wanting to make some plans and live our life. Yellowstone, the beach, road trips just to start. We just need to make it through our first round of Chemo and Radiation. We can do that.

I have been reflecting on other struggles we have had, times in our marriage that we felt like we maybe couldn't make it. Times we thought we couldn't handle more and yet we did. Times we didn't have a place to call home, or we couldn't pay our bills, or we didn't feel like we had friends or family we could turn to, fertility struggles, miscarriages, etc. Life can be so hard and then in a blink of an eye it can change. We will trudge through the hard days and get to the better ones. 

I am having a hard time knowing what to write today, the kids are staying with family this weekend and having a great time. All visitors have left and its quiet. I feel calm and relaxed, I usually have a mix of emotions but right now its all OK. Ryan has been saying "its OK" over and over since surgery. If I don't understand something he is trying to tell me, or feels frustrated he just says "it's OK" and we move on. Many times I said back no its not OK just try to tell me. But tonight it really is OK.

So instead of trying to find something to say I am going to stop writing and just be with my husband while its all OK. Finding the moments of peace and holding on to them is sometimes just as hard and working through the hard times. So goodnight, I'm going to hold on for tonight.

Comments

  1. Love you. Life really does change in the blink of an eye in ways we never expect. I think about you and Ryan and your babies every day. I love you. I try to come up with something better to say but right now it’s all I can put to words. ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have no idea what day it is?

Sixty-Four

Day six