Day Twenty-Nine

I am going to try something different, I have been posting at the end of each day and by then I am at my lowest of the day, feeling crappy about most everything (as is clearly evident by my other posts). So today I am going to start my day off by putting out my positivity instead. 

Whenever we go for drives or travel with our kids it doesn't take long before they are fighting, yelling at each other and generally freaking out. So Ryan and I play a game with them, Its called the I love You Game. We take turns going around and saying what we love about another person in the car, we continue going around until we have all said something we love about everyone in the car. By the end everyone is feeling much better and the rest of the drive is much nicer and happier. 

I am going to try it out on here. 

I love my husband and how he is fighting for us all through all the pain and misery, he is trying and I know he wants to help and be supportive and is in his way.

I love Bridger and how strong and thoughtful he is; last night he could see I was in pain and jumped up to help me get the younger kids in bed and clean up with out me asking.

I love Addison especially her willingness to help me with laundry and playing with the younger kids so I can get things done.

I love Brooklyn and how kind she has been, she is fast to smile at tell me she loves me.

I love Boston he is so funny and is making me laugh through the day and show me his favorite things.

I love Ava this little diva has taken it upon herself to tell me I am beautiful and that she loves me so much and give me a big hug.

I am blessed. I know I am. I can get through this. I can be strong. I can accept help. I can do mountains of paperwork and survive it. I can deal with flooding. I can deal with a mouse. I can clean my house. I can be patient. I can push through. I can find the good in today. I can love. I can make this a good day.

I am hoping to send this into the universe and do my best to bring it to light so my drive today can also be nicer and happier.

Today I can put my best foot forward, I am going to just appreciate this day. 

Comments

  1. I know how strong you are and know you can definitely do all those things and so much more. I also know its okay if you don't want to. I give you permission to say "not today, today I don't want to deal. Today I just want to be sad and ignore paper work and let the house be messy and be impatient and get angry." Just love yourself for all the things because you are still lovable and amazing even when you "don't want to". I hope you can see that all of your feelings are valid and don't need to be judged. I believe we are all, always doing our best moment by moment. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanell, Ryan and I went to school together. My family has been through the Glioblastoma hell. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have as you are on this difficult journey. I'm going to leave my phone number. Please feel free to text or call ANY time. I absolutely love Ryan and I can feel the incredible love between you two just from reading your blog. My heart is with you.

    385-223-6530

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I am sorry you have had to go through this as well. It truly isn't something I would wish on anyone. Thank you so much for the support.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have no idea what day it is?

Sixty-Four

Day six