Day Twenty-two

Well I did a thing.. Our two oldest daughters are in competition dance, and they have a competition in St. George tomorrow, usually I just go with the girls and we make it a girls weekend. However I wanted to give Ryan the opportunity to watch them perform so I asked him if he wanted to come with us.. Scratch that I pushed him to come (pretty hard 🙄). I don't know how many chances he has to see them compete and if we can even do dance next year.

Anyway we packed up and left at about 3:00 in the afternoon we dropped off the other 3 kids to my parents so they could take them to my brother because we were told there was really bad weather and hard road conditions ahead.

We gased up and started driving! We made it about 40 mins when my brother Shawn called and said that the roads were too bad for my van to handle I needed to turn back head to his place and take his suv with 4wd, safety is all that matters so I did. And bless my brothers soul for his kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity! He was right! The roads were real bad!

We left his place, drove 1.5 hours and stopped on the freeway. Traffic was so bad, accidents, Black ice, snow, fog and so many rude drivers. 

It took 2 hours to go 4 miles. Ryan was so miserable the whole drive, and that was the worst part, I felt terrible I pushed him so hard 🤦‍♀️. We didn't get to our destination until 1:15am.

In the past Ryan would do the driving for long trips. Especially on bad roads and bad weather. With everything; he can no longer drive. So I did it, I drove the whole way why my passengers slept or tried too. It seems silly to mention that but it's just one more change to adapt to, and I did it! I feel a little proud of myself for that. 

Thanks again Shawn! And Amy for calling and giving me a heads up and worrying for our safety! Dustin for taking my other kids! Mom and Dad for shuttling them and checking in on us! I love my family 💙

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have no idea what day it is?

Sixty-Four

Day six